Thursday 29 November 2018

guest lecture of Balaji Rangnathan

This Blog about the feedback on Guest lecturer Balaji Ranganathan sir who came from Central University of Gujarat and he taught us about postcolonial studies. We had three days sessions from 14th September to 16th September 2018, on the  postcolonial paper. To know in details click in the given links.



Postcolonial studies is very hard to understand but Balaji sir taught each and every unit very wonderful way. His level was very high than us because he is teaching to the P.HD scholars in CUG but he knew our level and try to teach as per our level so, he gave very simple examples so that students understand easily the concept of postcolonial studies. So, now I am going to write that what I liked from the teaching of Balaji sir and what were the unique ideas/style/concept I learnt from the three days.



Day-1 - Black Skin, White Mask: Frantz Fanon (1952)

Day-2
1-Orientalism: Edward Said (1977)
2-A Tempest: Aime Cesaire (1969)

3-Net-Slet: The great Challenge

Day-3
Imaginary Homelands: Salman Rushdie (1981-91)


On first day we are very happy to see them in front of us. I meet his second time . i am very impress by him his language, tone of speak,  I really  enjoy his lecture. Many time he speak some word that word is not in my mind. I can not identify some of words. He deal with main points and gave many example which is related with topic. On think he say that he imagine in English if some good or bad experience happen with him that time he think on english . Most of time I think in my mother tun language .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking activity: ELT & ICT

1) Why is it necessary to use Technology in Education?  Change is the rule of nature, if you don't change or update yours...